Monday, May 19, 2008

Wendy's

Yesterday night I went to Wendy's with Ernie at Sunway Pyramid. It's the first outlet in Malaysia.

The price was slightly more expensive than Macdonald's. But it's cheaper than Carl's Junior.

It's used to be one of my favourite fast food outlets in Canada. Here it still has the original menu items like chili, baked potatoes and frosties. I thought it was not bad. So I ordered a double 3/4 cheese burger combo meal and a chili. Ernie ordered a single 3/4 cheese burger combo meal with baked potatoes. I added a medium size on that and it costs me an additional RM1.

When I savoured my first spoon of chili, it suddenly brings me back the memories of Pembina Hall - the dormitory cafeteria at my university. They serve this dish very often. Seriously, it was so cliche that that I had goose bumps at that time.

I thought the chili was ok. It was really hot but it wasn't really salty. Ernie's baked potatoes was ok too. The fries is thicker and tastier than Mc's. The burger patties are square in shape as I'd expected from Wendy's.

It's weird that they use green as their theme colour. All the cashiers are Malay and they don't speak English. Maybe they want to capture Malay market? As far as I remember Wendy's theme colour is red and yellow.

But that doesn't matter much. The food was ok nonetheless. I was very very full and I couldn't sleep very well because of it.

2 comments:

Va:L said...

ha...I love the chilies and the french fries as well as baked potato!!! Taste so good!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah next one i wanna try is the frosty.. hehehe