Monday, May 19, 2008

Arrogance

Some people would be so arrogant that when you smile at them they would never look at you. And make you look like a fool. Yes, I get the message. Am I sending a dirty signal to them or something?

So this person A is exactly this kind of person.

I didn't know that A is a friend of my friend. So that night I went out movie with my friend. She said she has asked someone else to come for the movie too. It was person A who turned up. I suddenly felt very awkward.

"This is A" my friend introduced. I said "yeah I've seen him before" and I didn't offer a handshake. He looked at my hand, still remaining in the pocket. I know it was rude but somehow I didn't know why I have behaved this way. Maybe my gut told me that being friendly to someone who has ignored you in return once is enough.

He continued showing disinterest and not even talking to me. Somehow I got a feeling that maybe he thought that I had a crush on him or something? Maybe I desperately need to get close to him because he's very hot to me?

Oh come on, people. When a person is suddenly friendly with you doesn't mean that he wants to have a flick with you. It's a good manner that everybody should know.

Maybe I got this when I was in Canada. I remembered even on the street, strangers would smile and start talking to you. Of course, you know whether they are sincere or dangerous. But here, I don't know why, everybody just assumes everybody is dangerous.

Have hope on people. Try to believe that some people are nice. But at the same time, put trust carefully. But don't shut out everyone.

1 comment:

Va:L said...

I missed the time in Canada too. I love to talk to stranger...You know, if you were bored, and you can't get peoples to talk with, it's very boring!!!

Then, if you don't know the stranger, and both also do not talk but use eyes contact to ask u fuck off...it's very boring also...at least gotta speak out, and fuck the people off...