Wednesday, May 21, 2008

GSC Online Ticketing

Last week I was trying to book some tickets for Narnia movie. As this is its first week, I figured out that queuing up and ticket booking is confirmed to be impossible. So I decided to use my credit card to buy the tickets.

The connection was very slow. I thought there must be a lot of people booking and buying tickets online. I almost lost my patience. After waiting for a few minutes, the applet loaded in the browser. So I continue my thing.

After selecting some good seats, I'm ready to enter my credit card details to pay. I was in a hurry so much that I forgot to enter my 3 digit security pin (perhaps I didn't have time to flip the credit card over to look for those pin numbers). So I straightaway clicked enter.

It went through! Oh my, the transaction was confirmed without the 3 digit security PIN.

I don't know where this is the program flaw or anything. You can try it the next time you buy ticket from GSC online. I was using Citibank credit card and I guess different credit card may have different security requirement. This is something to my surprise.

Note: Few weeks ago, I received a forwarded email claiming that GSC online ticket system has security flaw. I don't know whether it's true or not. I hope GSC will clarify this matter.

No comments: