Remember the crazy girl from the 80s who sang "Time after Time"? After 2 decades she has released a new album with all new materials!
At first I doubt about how good is the album. But Ernie told me that it is really nice. So I have decided to give it a try.
A lot of people said it's a true gem from her. I have to agree with it!
The first song I listened to is "High & Mighty". I thought it's just a so-so song. I started to have a feeling that this album is just another flop.
But then starting from "Into the Night Life", things start to heat up. Yes! At last a song that roused my interest. This song starts with very electronica sounds. The chorus sounds really good. (I've been always a fan of electronica.)
"Rocking Chair" is a very playful song. But I'm not really very fond of it.
But then comes "Echo". It is my second most favourite song of the album. Some said it reminds them of Kylie's song. It does sound like that at the beginning of the song. But when I listen more to it, it actually doesn't. Cyndi has tried a new vocal technique and it really blends well into the song. I can't take the chorus music out of my mind.
"Lyfe" sounds a bit Hip-hop. I'm not really a big hip-hop fan so I skip this one.
"Same Ol' Story" is my favourite song in the album! It's definitely going to be a club hit. It's got very dance floor style tunes and music. A lot of F word in this song but I love it regardless. She has totally brought up the spirit of the song. I tried to find for its single but I couldn't find it :-(
"Raging Storm", "Lay Me Down" and "Give It Up" are also dance floor hits too. They are also very nice.
"Set Your Heart" is also another song worth mentioning. It's kinda like a nice surprise after listening to the three songs above.
"Grab a Hold" sounds very 80s. I'm not really into retro :-)
Things start to cool down towards the end of album. It's very rare to find an album with nice closing songs - The slightly up beat ballad like "Rain on Me". Its vocal technique reminds me of "Time after Time". Then, things heat up a bit in "Got Candy". It's a light and up-mood song. "Can't Breathe" is totally a ballad song which is completely different from the rest of the songs. The vocal technique is also different. You'll see a different and sentimental side of Cyndi. It's a very good song to close the album.
I would say this is her come back album, definitely.



No comments:
Post a Comment