My colleague is going to quit gym. Because he said he does not want to be lifeless. He doesn't want his life to be all about the gym.
Here's what I think.
So if you go home after work, sit on the couch and watch tv, would you call it a life too?
I'd rather go to the gym. It's healthy. It makes you feel better about yourself. And definitely life enriching.
Then he presented me another argument. He said he always have to turn down friends' invitation to go out as he needs to go to the gym. If he doesn't, he will feel bad about it as he has paid for it.
I think he doesn't have to reject friends' invitation. How often do they invite you? Unless the friends ask you out everyday.
I do agree that we also need to spend some quality time with the friends. But there are a lot of days where you still can make it to the gym. I would say, be flexible. Hit the gym whenever you can make it and feel like it.
Another colleague said that he wish he could have an admirable body. But he is just too lazy to go to the gym.
Yeah I do agree with him because it's really hard to get motivated at the beginning as the result is only visible after a few months. And often you feel that it's fruitless.
I would say no matter what, don't give up. Just keep doing it. Always look for advice and try on new methods. Once the result begins to appear, that's when you want to go for more! I think that's how I get my motivation. I'm not saying that I have a perfect body now but I do look better when I first joined. It's the persistency that makes me strike through that barrier at the beginning. And now I'm still doing it!


No comments:
Post a Comment