Sunday, September 23, 2007

Traits of Highly Effective and Considerate People

The other day I was at the shopping mall running an autopay car park. There wasn't much autopay machine around the mall so the queue was very long. It was a very hot day and unfortunately the autopay machine is situated outside the mall.

I spotted two kinds of people:

1) Person A, walked slowly to the machine. Inserted the ticket into the machine. Looked at the amount and then slowly reached her handbag and searched for some RM1 notes. There wasn't enough notes so he reached for her pursed for some coins. Time taken to pay a parking ticket: 3 minutes and 20 seconds.

2) Person B, was behind a few people in the line. He estimated how long he was in the mall and reached a couple of RM1 notes. He also reached for some coins. I guess he deliberately overestimate the charges so that he won't be panic later. Time taken to pay a parking ticket: 31 seconds.

So now who is efficient and considerate?

4 comments:

Va:L said...

I think the person B is more effective. I am the type B person! And so do you...

spaceseeker said...

Yeah actually that person B was me wahahahahaha

Va:L said...

hehehehe yes!!! give me 5!!!! We are Kia su! kekekekeekek

spaceseeker said...

we are not kiasu la :P