I'm going to take over my assistant manager's work as he has been transferred to another project. I see this as an upgrade opportunity for my career. But I do not know if I can handle it. My assistant manager's project presents great challenges especially in handling end users and managing tight budget.
I have no knowledge of project management at all and I have to pick up all these management skills in such a short time. It was daunting at first and it makes me almost want to look for other jobs. But thinking of it, if this is the chance that I can get an upgrade why not giving it a try?
Yesterday my assistant manager shows me how he generate the MM (Man Month) report. He showed me how he make adjustment by inserting numbers here and there if they permit. Sort of like adjusting accounts to make it balance! Of course I have no clue at all. I stare at the spreadsheet below and I didn't understand a thing. After he explained everything to me, I began to grasp the concept a little bit. Perhaps maybe it's time I should get hands-on something new...


No comments:
Post a Comment