Sunday, September 16, 2007

iPOD Dream

Oh? Have I shown you my 3rd generation black & white screen iPOD? It has been my music mate for about three years now. I still love it but it's been ill lately. The hard disk and battery don't function really well. Once in a while the hard drive would jam, I would have to restore the whole iPod and copy all my song collections into it again.

Just few weeks ago, Apple Malaysia just launched a new range of iPod products. With the same price as colour iPod 30 GB before, now the new model with 80GB is also priced at RM1099! With the new interface (cover flow and all that stuff), you have to agree that it's time for me to change to a new one. But no $$$ now, so I will have to wait.



I notice that Apple launches a new iPod model about every two years. So a rule of thumb when buying iPod is that if the current model is almost 2 years old on the market, you'd better wait. Because their enhanced new model is always the same price as the previous model.

That's what happenned to my old iPod last time. The colour iPod was launched a few months after I bought my black & white screen iPod, on the same price! I was so heartbroken haha. If you plan to get one, you'd better do it now or soon :)

Another thing to note is that iPod Touch will be launched these few weeks as rumours have it. I tried to call up the store and ask about the launch date and pricing, the staff told me they haven't received any news from the HQ yet. But she speculates that the 8 GB model would cost around RM1500 and the 16GB model should be around RM1800. The touch screen interface was amazing. You can do all the things with your finger touch: scroll, browse, and even zooming. It's really something revolutionary.



If you ask me whether to buy iPod classic or iPod touch, with the kind of money I have, I would choose iPod classic. I'll choose capacity rather than the interface. I'm just being practical ;) Besides I foresee many surprising improvements to be made to the iPod Touch on its upcoming models, as with the previous iPod models.

No comments: