Sunday, December 30, 2007

June

At some point in one's life, one has to start to have a commitment, take up a serious responsibility and sacrifice self-importance. Well I am in that point of life now.

No, I'm not talking about getting married and having kids. That will never happen. But I'm talking about owning a dog.

To keep the story short, we've been shopping for dogs a while back. But nothing worked and it was pretty pricey. On the Christmas day, I went berserk and told Ern that I really needed to get a dog.

So we shopped around again that day. Finally we came to a Pet Shop at Kepong and we found June (At first we didn't know what to call her yet). The price seems reasonable. Although she's got a bit older than other puppies (6 months), she's got all the early vaccinations. This saves some money further.

Oh, why she's called June? Well, we dug out some potential names like Paris and Britney. But we couldn't bear to let her to have those cheeky names. Since she was born in the month of June (two days after my birthday). We decided to call her June. I know it's a bit common and sound uncreative (and unglam!) but that's how I want her to have a humble beginning :-)

It's the right time for me to carry out a series of house training for her as I have 1.5 week off. So I can pay more attention to her and trying to teach her all the dos and don'ts in the apartment.

Luckily she doesn't bark a lot. She barked once in a blue moon when she's too excited during puppy play. So I guess as long as the neighbors didn't complain we can get to keep June.

She's also quite obedience and so far she can often potty on the place that we want her to. It's still a beginning so I have to do the training for a few weeks until she's familiar with everything.

It takes a lot of patience and attention. It's like really having a kid. During my time off, I didn't go out often because I have to babysit her. It's a good thing because I'll spend less money.

She also makes me laugh when she's being silly and so excited when I play with her. They say keeping a dog can cure one's depression and I have to agree with it. Yes, I do really need a dog to do those wonders.

June's Mug Shot
June's Mug Shot

DSC01327
June's chillin out on the couch

DSC01299
June's standing up

DSC01305
June' flirting with the camera

DSC01309
June's standing proud

2 comments:

Kihu said...

June is really pretty :)

spaceseeker said...

yes she is. We all love her :-)