Good news! My mom may be discharged tomorrow. Her toxic in the blood is lower than last time, which surprised the doctors. It is a miracle!
There is an incidence today which I’m really ashamed of… not because of myself but because of my colleague and the office culture.
I’ve been using lip balm these days due to dry lips. I usually won’t do it in front of my colleagues because I assume that they are narrow-minded and would laugh at me.
But today my assumption was firmly asserted and proved big time…
Today I dropped it. My boss picked it up somewhere.
She came to my area and asked around if some guy has dropped a lip balm. The lip balm of course resembles a lipstick.
The secretary saw it and thought a girl dropped it. But my boss replied “It’s for a guy la~ read the label”.
I zoomed into my boss hand. Oh my gawd, I didn’t even realize that I dropped it. By that time everybody was focusing on it.
On that critical moment, I have two choices: proudly take it back or buy a new one. But what the heck, I shouldn’t be ashame of it. So I waived my hand and spoke outloud, “Yes! It’s mine”
Immediately there were a few responses:
Secretary: “Adrian~ I can’t believe you use this thing!”
Male colleague: “Adrian, I didn’t know you use lipstick no wonder your lips look so sweet”
On top of that my boss replied to my male colleague: “If you want I can buy a red one for you!”
Laughs here and there.
I am ashamed of them because some of them don’t even know what lip balm is. It is common even for the straight guys or the metrosexuals these days. Even my colleague who is in his mid-twenties admit that he cannot accept these kind of things. I really work in the wrong place.
A few minutes later, my another colleague came up to me and said “see, see, whether you got red face”. She thought I was embarassed. I was boiled, “Why would I get red face? and why would I be ashamed of it? It’s very common these days for guys to use a lip balm. Don’t you see the label says it’s for men. Why are you being so san pa (people who live in the jungle)?”
The other colleague seems to understand me. “Yeah, my brother is using it. It’s very common in other countries because their weather is drier than ours” (Thanks Tracy!)
Of course I added “I easily have dry lips because the air-cond in the office is very dry and makes me feel uncomfortable.”
“I didn’t mean like this…” She seems to be embarassed of herself now for getting a sharp reply from me.
What did you mean then? I get a red face because my sex life was so good until my face blushes and glows?!!


1 comment:
AC...not too worry! it's super normal thing ler...they r really narrow minded 1 lol
Post a Comment