Monday, October 13, 2008

算“水”草 My Aquarium Plants Are Ruined!!

At first thought, you may think that it's cheap to raise real aquarium plant. These plants costs around RM2 to RM16. I bought a bunch of them and added it to my aquarium.

It looked so nice!!!

I can see that my fish were actually happier than before.

And the problem came...

Some of them died and rotted. Green became brown colour. It was quite disgusting. I discarded those.

The other problem was the kissing gourami fish. The biggest fish in my aquarium. But she's a herbivore. Those long leaves became shredded fern in a matter of a few days. I guess I have to give her away!

After that I researched on the internet on how to keep live aquarium plants properly. Actually you need to buy a CO2 generator for their photosynthesis. And that costs a few hundreds bucks. Not counting the liquid fertilizers and so on!

But when I look at the aquascape at the pet shop, I really drooled over them and I wanna make one my own.

Well I guess hobbies cost fortune :-(

Show you some before and after pictures...

This is before. I think I can win an award with this one.DSC01707 

This is after. Had to remove dead and uprooted plants. How sad...DSC01711

No comments: