Wednesday, October 8, 2008

你是本地人吗 Are You Local?

When can you call yourself a local?

  • You were born here. Or better yet, both your parents and great grandparents are born here.
  • You grew up here. At least you start your primary school education here.
  • You love this city a lot.
  • You appreciate this city.
  • You love the people in this city.
  • You welcome the people to come into this city provided that they are tolerant, civilized, enjoy life, love and do not hate others in the city.
  • You welcome the people to stay in this city provided that they don't judge and stereotype other city dwellers as the "typical bad city people".

I grew up WITH (not in) this city for 30 years now and both the city and I have good growth ;) From small roads to highways (MRR, Sprint, LDP). From rubber estate to huge housing area (Cheras) and Shopping Centre (Bandar Utama & Damansara Perdana). From a small tin mining town to an impressive residence town on its own (Puchong) and so much more.

I watch the entire metamorphosis of the city. What was there mostly in this city some 15 years ago is not there now. The whole city has changed over the years. From only the lights of Menara Maybank and Dayabumi, now we have KLCC, KL Tower, Berjaya Times Square, Public Bank and other nicely illuminated building in the city.

THh night view is spectacular. When you have the night view of the city from a Hill (Lookout Point @ Ampang/Cheras) you know that why you love this city. Because it just simply makes you proud.

So people, please love the city and the people in it :-)

4 comments:

Va:L said...

I love the city, where I am now. But I do not like where I was at....the Penang Island :P

I have friends who I love so much, and family members who are lovely.

Anonymous said...

yala u oso grew up aledi. hehee... no worry, those buildings will be there for a century or so. hehehe...

spaceseeker said...

siapa khao-lar-sexy-press ni?

Va:L said...

dono ler....! Mystery...
Scanner ler :P