Monday, July 21, 2008

Super Monday 超级星期一

Inline with fuel price hike, I had readjusted my monthly budget. I plan not to park at the paid parking, which costs me rm120 per month. I have some colleagues who park their car at the residential nearby, those Damansara heights bungalows. They have been parking there for years now and I haven't heard any complaints from them.

So I've decided to give it a try. This morning I parked at the other stretch of the road so that I don't accidentally overtake my colleagues usual parking space. I was quite worried actually as there could be car theft and complaints from the neighbourhood.

Something bad did happen! Somebody deflated my tyre (luckily just one). I wasn't really that angry because I was kinda emotionally prepared. Surprisingly I wasn't angry or holding grunge to anybody. It feels like the first time in my life that I was more emotionally intelligent.

There could be two suspects that did this horrible thing to my car. The people who live in the nearby bungalows or the person who used to park his/her car there. I was early this morning and probably I took his favourite spot.

After giving it a thought, I've decided not to care who did it. Thankfully they didn't deflate all four wheels or smash my window. There was one point I thought of a revenge. Maybe I would pour a handful of thumbtacks on the spot where I parked today. But I said to myself I have to let it go... and I did.

It's been a while I haven't changed a flat tyre. It took me about an hour or so to do it. Thank god there're instructions in the car manual. This is the first time I got to open my car emergency kit, putting it into good use. It's also the first time that my car got to use its spare tyre. I really have to thank whoever did this to my car because of giving me this learning opportunity to refresh my flat tyre changing skills.

I've talked to Ern and Dad. Ern had told me that the rm120 is not worth saving. I agreed with him. My dad gave me a lot of tips on checking the tyre. Both of them suggested to get my tyre a good check nearby. The first shop I thought of is Eneos car service centre at One Utama.

I drove in. An Indonesian who struggles to put on a Malaysian accent talked to me. He was very helpful and courteous. He said no patches is needed for my tyre. He just needed to tighten the valve on the tyre for me. They inflate the tyre and install it back for me, for free. I can't believe after all I'd gone through I finally met some nice people around. Another thank god.

Ironically, it was Malaysians who treated me bad and an Indonesian who treated me well today.

No comments: