Today so many things happened at work today.
I nearly got into a Toronto business trip. But I wasn't chosen because the "business" reason is that I need to stay here for the support. The weird thing is that, by looking at the current trend, there is not much support to do.
I don't know why but I feel that I should be chosen rather than my colleague because I have one year full time working experience in Canada. My boss knows about this. That at least can prove that I can communicate with the Canadians better than my colleague. My colleague has not even stepped out of Southeast Asia before!
Unless they can accept the risk of project failure, I cannot see why they do not want to choose an eligible employee by qualifications and by experience!
x x x
My another colleague who is sitting behind me had lunch with her friend who work in the same field as us. Her friend was surprised that she got so low paid. After learning the reality, my colleague was very angry and she told me that as if she is being "cheated" by the company all this while. FYI, her salary is below 2,500 after 2 years of experience in IT. Yeah, that I agree it's underpaid.
I told her it's not worth to get frustrated like this. Take actions and take control of the situation! I do have to agree that this company underpays their staffs. This can be seen by two circumstances:
1) I would say 80% of all unconfirmed staffs resigned, claiming that they got a better offer.
2) As confirmed by my manager, so far no Chinese wants to accept the job offer from the company (in view of rising living cost).
If the management fails to see this and does not make wise decision (as can be seen from why I was not chosen in the first scenario), they are really bad business person!
The cost of hiring and training is not cheap. Most big corporations now place a lot of emphasis on their employees. They try to retain them whenever they can. I really don't know what they are thinking.
x x x
I have told the first scenario to MH. She does agree with what I'd just said.
I did not plan to talk to Ern about this because I really don't know how to put it to sound more professional, politically correct and most importantly, smart.


1 comment:
sometimes not having things in ur way can be a disguise for gud. wat happened in ur company is the same as mine. idiots run the top where usually monkeys does that as if their mind swinging from tress to tress. i never trust them. bunch of politics hyprocrits. time to search for other jobs. me too.
Post a Comment