Sunday, June 15, 2008

People Unaffected by Petrol Price Hike?

Rumours has it that a million people will gather next month for the petrol price hike protest. These people's life must be affected so badly that they may not afford basic necessity anymore.

But I've seen otherwise. The traffic to the shopping centre was unchanged. It's jammed all the way to One Utama and the Curve. It seems as though the petrol price has no effect on everybody. Hmm... that's ironical.

For me, I've cut down my frequence visits to the shopping mall. Less eating out and no more travelling around Klang Valley just to workout. I'm awaiting for the company to announce salary adjustment for everyone. It may not be a lot but it's better than nothing.

The new and unconfirmed hires in our company resigned one after another. All of them claiming that they have better offer elsewhere. I do have to admit that our company's offer is quite low. I hope the company will learn its lesson and hopefully they will readjust their offer to the new hires. It's more costly to hire a staff for the same position again and again.

No comments: