Today I read an article about a staff of a petrol station in a quiet town giving away free petrol when his supervisor was out for a lunch break. The news spread quickly and everyone in the town queued up at the petrol station to get the "free lunch". The media has described this guy as "insane".
Is he? Really? I don't think so. His rationale is probably that he's venting his dissatisfaction to the recent price hike. He could be thinking to help everybody. Since life is already difficult for some people, at least he can do something to help. He's not "insane", he could be a hero for some people.
Today the newspaper has reported a lot about rising food prices in our country. It described this and last month as the "calm before the storm". We could be experiencing 10% - 30% of inflation soon. As I shopped at Tesco today, I have seen some food prices has already gone up :-(
Ern's company has already announced a monthly allowance of rm100 for all employees. What about mine? rm100 is better than nothing.
Today my family bought me dinner for my 30th birthday. They have also bought me a cake and sung me a birthday song. I can feel the strong family tie in the air. It touched me. I haven't felt like this for a very long time. There are positive changes in my family after my parents were seriously ill in the past few weeks. It's all good.
My mum popped me a question which I haven't heard of for a while. "When are you bringing me back a girl? Even half of her is better than nothing." My sister who knows I'm gay jokingly asked me to bring any girl next year and then pretended to have a break-up afterwards.
Of course my usual reply was a no. No girls. I even indicated not in the future. I felt very awkward at that moment. I have not enough courage to tell them who I am. But I really don't want to wait until the last minute. They may have only a few good years to spend. And I'm just waiting for the right time.


No comments:
Post a Comment