Chatted with a friend yesterday. This is the first time we talked a lot about stuff. He asked what I do for living. I said I'm a programmer. He's quite surprised as he thought that I was a marketing person.
So I think of some reasons why I can't be a marketing person:
- I suck at socializing. I don't know how to make conversation. I asked stupid questions. Such as when I see a friend in gym, I would start a conversation like: "Come to gym ar?".
- I don't know how to sell. So that leads to bad marketing skills too.
- I failed to look at the good side of products. I like to use good stuff. But when you ask me why I like it. I don't have an answer for you.
- I don't have super likeable personality. I'm boring, uninteresting and quiet (except with really close friends). But that doesn't mean I'm not comfortable with myself. And I do try to be sociable. But only to start saying stupid things again.
But I can become a marketing person:
- I am presentable. I do want to look good for myself and be confident.
- I like grooming, like haircut and facials. and that's part of the presentable factor.
- I am quite tall. Usually people count on me (and that's where the social stress comes in).
So this is it. Actually am quite flattered when he said that I look like a marketing person. (giggles).


No comments:
Post a Comment