Saturday, September 13, 2008

Summary In a Week

Went to a company training about EQ. Am wondering what it really means again. I mean it's always a good to not throw a temper to somebody. But does it also extend to keeping quiet even if you get bullied? If you stand up for yourself, is that considered low EQ? Does that also mean it will be an advantage for a company because if an employee protest about overtime or expressing honest opinion is seen as low EQ?

I don't know. This thing can be very misleading at times. Because to be high EQ, you gotta be:

1) Keep calm and quiet if your colleague point a finger at you. You're supposed to be proactive and solve problem rather than defending for yourself. In a way, you admit that it's solely your mistake, which often it's not the case.

2) Treat it like nothing happens if your colleague personally attack you. If not, you are seen as not sporting or doesn't have sense of humour. I still think it's good to let people know where the line is.

I don't know. I really don't know what EQ can bring me. It really can take me further? Can I go further by not standing up for myself, keeping quiet all the time and silently admitting all mistakes? Think again.

______________________________________________

Mom is in hospital again. I have to juggle between gym and hospital visits again. My diet plan was interrupted as I won't get to have my protein meal after my gym session. Coz I have to go to the hospital after that. Seems like I'm going to have a mooncake festival family gathering at the hospital. Hope mum will get well soon.

No comments: