Sunday, September 14, 2008

EQ Again

Suddenly I recalled someone told me that people with high EQ knows very well what they want and they have high focus in achieving their goals. They will not sweat the small stuff nor let small blockage to steer them away from the goal.

This means that whenever they encounter something along the way which might make them look bad, shame them, or even accuse them of mistakes, they will either ignore it, keep silent or be proactive and resolve it right away.

This is because they know they won't let this kind of small stuff to waste their time and energy in getting the things they want.

I think this I have to learn to be. I admit that I am headstrong. At times defensive because I value fairness very much. I have to stand up for myself most of the time because I can't stand accusations and blames being thrown to my plate.

To learn to be, it takes some time. They said you can practice it, then it will become habit and eventually it will just become part of you. Maybe I can start learning from driving on the road during peak hours. I think it is a good exercise. Whenever people cut in front of me abruptly without putting up signal, I'll just be patient. Because I don't want to waste my time and energy to take over his car and give him a hateful stare. I just want to get to my destination and I want my journey to be pleasant.

Sounds easy. It's very challenging actually - to be patient and a nice driver on KL roads.

No comments: