Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fish Craze

I have been refraining myself from buying fish for the past few fish. Today I have had enough. I went to buy 16 fish! LOL

I bought two types of fish from two different shops.

Initially I just want to get zebra danios. But the Pandan Indah shop didn't have it so I bought 8 black neon tetras. I bought 8 of them. The staff was quite unfriendly. So I paid and hurried myself from the shop.

I still need zebra danios because it is a kind of non-skittish fish that just swims all around the tanks. It will help to make other skittish fish like tetras to feel secure because they saw fish swimming openly in the tanks.

So I went to the shop at Pudu Ulu. It's an aquarium centre which have been open for business for many years. I saw zebra danios selling for only 80 sen. But I saw something more striking - the pink zebra danios. It's about twice expensive - RM1.40. Well I figured that I can afford them so I bought another 8 of them. The shop owner was so nice that he sells them only for RM1.00. "You bought 8, so I'll give you discount".

Then I went back to parent's place. I do missed my mom's cooking every week. She cooked lemon chicken today which were used to be our dish when we were young. Yummy. (Oops, out of topic).

Anyway, after dinner I have to hurry home to acclimate my fish. For some of you who might not know, you can pour the bag of fish into the tank straight away. You need acclimate them. The process takes about one hour. First you remove the accumulated ammonium (fish waste) by pouring out about 25% of water in the bag. Then, you dip the bag into the aquarium. This is to let the fish to get used to the aquarium temperature slowly. Then every 10 minutes you scoop some water and put it into the bag. Continue to do so for about an hour. This will minimize fish loss on the first few days which usually happens if you don't acclimate the new fish first.

Well, the pink zebra danios do swim openly like they are welcoming their new home. The black neon tetras was hiding in the plants at first. I only saw the three of them swimming openly. I guess the pink zebra danios are really helpful, the black neon tetra were out swimming in the tank after a few minutes!

Well here are some pictures. Enjoy :-)

DSC01661

DSC01660 

DSC01659

DSC01657

DSC01656

DSC01655

DSC01653