Today I thought about many things.
I remember around this time last year I was at MH’s place and a friend is reading tarot cards for me. I remember that I got a many sword cards (not-so-good) and the worst card of the deck (swords of 10) was located at a position that reflects my current situation.
The reading says that I have encountered many back stabbing in my current career. Somehow I think it is true. As I witnessed my manager in the office was so nice to my colleague but said a lot of bad things about him in front of the boss. He could do the same to me too.
The worst card on the deck also says that I am at the lowest point in my career. But this is not so bad because when something hits the worse, it will eventually become better.
At the end of the reading there was an Emperor card. This means that at the end someone, probably a man will appear and help me out. I always think that Mr. Yap (my new boss) is the Emperor.
I have a strong feeling that I’m going to be better in my new job.
My resignation is not a secret anymore. A 38 (busy body) colleague broadcasted the news this morning, according to my another colleague. Many people has come up to me and asked why. I intend to keep my mouth shut as tight as possible. I will not tell how good is my new offer and who is my new employer.
Another colleague was apparently very happy for me that I got a new job. She was very curious as in whether the job market out there actually pays better than the current company. I kinda sympathize her because she has been working with the company for about 7 years now. I don’t blame her for not knowing the world out there. Sometimes you need to have network and asked around in order to know that. Being a sociable person definitely helps.
Most of my lunch gang pretend that they don’t care about my new job. I bet they are curious too of how the market was out there. Most of them thought that it’s a bad time to switch jobs but they didn’t know that great opportunities emerge during the bad times. That’s how it is said in the business world. Actually many companies takes the opportunity to expand during the bad times as their competitor may become weaker and it’s a good time to grab up more market shares.
I’m glad that I took this opportunity. I know it’s going to be better. There will be no regrets. The tarot reading almost prevails. I am definitely on the right track.


2 comments:
hey..good on you !! but don't let a tarot reading determine your fate..your luck is as good as you want it to be...
Some people have no guts and capability to leave current job thus they hope people who do venture out fails. Recession cannot change job, good times no need to change job... so rot there
Post a Comment