Friday, January 2, 2009

梦幻相机 Dream Camera

I finally found it. My dream camera. Panasonic Lumix LX3. It’s a high end compact camera that has full manual controls like an SLR camera. I asked a few shops and the model was out of stock. After some searching around 1U, I finally found it in Jusco. Surprisingly eh?

The promoter was kind enough to show me the actual camera. They actually keep it in the cabinet and not in the display panel. It really gives me a sense of “good things are always well hidden and buried”.

The actual size of the camera is slightly bigger and heavier than the normal compact camera, for example the Canon IXUS 970 IS. I think it still can fit into the pocket, just it may look bulgy. But it’s still very portable.

The design – I love the design. The fact that it is a retro kind of design that makes me feel like a professional photographer. The dial, buttons and the overall body case really fit into the retro look. It even has a retro metal switches where you pull up or down, left or right for operations such as popping the flash and changing between view and shoot mode. I feel like I’m playing with a toy but do not underestimate this toy!

It has a 3” screen which is of superb display. I took some shots and the picture really looks stunning. The colour and lighting really resemble the real one. I can’t help to say “wow! that’s good picture!”

The best price so far I have seen is RM1699, with free 4GB, case and tripod. I’m going to research more to find better deals.

 

DMC-LX3-K_wbA1001001A08G09B51524E88174

2 comments:

Va:L said...

heyhey....

I have seen it too, but one version older. it's really nice lol....

spaceseeker said...

yeah .. if i had enough money i would buy it on the spot.. but i think i will save up enough money first. The best deal I found so far is in digital mall. A bit cheaper than most shops but the bundle it comes with is really good. 8GB card, tripod, extra battery :)