A lot of things happened for the past 2 weeks. I was overwhelmed.
My mom was hospitalised last week. Viral infection which causes kidney failure. My mom's condition on the first few days worried me. I had to stay overnight in the hospital to take care of her. Not to mention that I wasn't able to take leave on the next day as I have a deadline to commit.
I gave up my gym sessions and went to the hospital everyday last week. I only had time to go to the gym on weekends. My mom is getting better now. She can talk, eat and walk.
I was also very stressed up at work. My supervisor's got very high expectation out of us. He always sweet talk and say something like I ama giving you this much work because I want to promote you. Sometimes I doubt his sincerity and I'm not sure all these things I did will most likely be credit taken by him. Well, I have to take risk and believe him.
One of my team member just resigned yesterday. He said he is joining his wife in Penang. I wasn't sure if this was his perfect excuse or there was something else. He hasn't been promoted since he joined the company three years ago. Sometime I wonder why my supervisor hasn't recommneded him at all. But he couldn't produce two months notice as the employer of the new job can't wait for two months.


No comments:
Post a Comment