Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dad

My dad called today. Said he is going to have the thyroid removed next month. He asked me to take a day off so that I can make him company overnight at the hospital.

He sounded worried. He even asked me whether there is a risk in doing such kinda operation.

I thought the operation was very common and it's almost non cancerous. But what doctor told him was quite different. He said thyroid lump is uncommon among men and that my dad's was almost cancerous. After the operation the doctor will sample the tissue and determine whether the cell in it is cancerous and is able to spread. He is going to take medication for life.

Sounds serious.

My grandpa was deceased from stomach cancer when he was 49. I was wondering if my dad is worrying about having cancer since he reaches this age?

Because I think I would if I were him.

1 comment:

Va:L said...

hey...I am sorry to hear another bad news. I hope he will be fine.

They really need you to accompany them.