I remember when there was no PLUS highway, we have to travel through town by town to reach Penang. We would need to go through tanjung malim, sungai siput etc. At that time, towns like tanjung malim were quite prosper because the local tourist would stop by to have lunch/dinner.
After the highway, or the express way was built, nobody drops by these towns anymore and they have become quiet and ghostly.
This is what I have learned from my dad during our last trip to Penang.
I remember our very first trip to Penang was back in 1991, before PLUS was built. We wanted to drive through the newly built penang bridge. It took us at least 6 hours to reach there (instead of the present 4). It was a night drive. I was a kid back then and was very excited about it (guess that explains my passion for night life LOL). At that time Penang was a very far place to travel for us.
I was at : Jalan PJU 8/5, Damansara Perdana, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor,


No comments:
Post a Comment